Films of Andrei Tarkovsky, The - Director's Collection (Distinction Series) (9 Disc Fatpack)
Considered by many to be one of, if not the most important Russian filmmakers of the 20th Century, Andrei Tarkovsky was a filmic visionary whose body of work stands as a realisation of his notion of ‘sculpting in time’. This concept was characterised by extremely long takes and shots of indescribable beauty, which simultaneously exposed the human condition and recognised the magnificent in the ordinary. Tarkovsky’s unrivalled ability to capture what many take for granted amidst a creatively stifling political environment positioned him as one of the strongest advocates of Russian independent cinema. This set contains five of Tarkovsky’s most renowned films, as well as the documentary ‘Directed by Andrei Tarkovsky’.
- Ivan’s Childhood (1962) Extra Features- Documentary “Children of War”- Interviews with the composer V. Ovchinnikov, cameraman V. Yusov and actor E. Zharikov.- Photo Album- Filmographies.
- Andrei Rublev (1969) Extra Features- Pictures and filmography of the film’s authors- Candids from the shooting ground- Interview with A. Tarkovsky’s sister M. Tarkovskaya- Interview with the actor Y. Nazarov- Documentaries “Icons”, “Bells” and “Invasion”.
- Solaris (1972) Extra Features- Biography of director Andrei Tarkovsky- Biography of scifi writer Stanislav Lem- Ten Minute Documentary on actor Donatas Banionis, “The Master of a Small Town”- Interview with actress Natalya Bondarchuk- Interview with Andrei Tarkovsky’s sister, Marina- Fragment from another film based on S. Lem’s novel, Investigation of Pilot Pirx- Archive photo album- Filmographies of principal actors, director, cameraman, composer, script writer- Trailers of films by A. Tarkovsky.
- The Mirror (1975) Extra Features- Interview with composer E. Artemyev, script writer A. Misharin and G. Yavlinsky; photography director G. Rerberg and actors A. Solonitsyn, N Grinko and I. Smoktunovsky- Music by Eduard Artemyev featurette- Arseny Tarkovsky’s biography- Cast and crew filmographies- Photo album.
- Stalker (1979) Extra Features- Photographs and filmographies of the cast and crew members- Photo Album- Interview with photography director A. Knyazhinsky- Interview with production designer R. Saffiullin- Interview with composer E. Artemiev- Fragment from A. Tarkovsky’s diploma work “The Stemroller and the Violin”- Documentary about A. Tarkovsky’s House “Memory”
- Country of Origin
- Russian Federation
- Run Time (minutes)
- Subtitle Language
- Audio Format
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo
- Aspect Ratio
- 1.33:1 Fullscreen
- Transfer Aspect Ratio
- Disc Packaging
- Box set
- DVD Region
- First Released
- Video Format
International Shipping Charges
|This item is classified as...||Asia Pacific||Rest of the world|